Many people may think that the senior population would not take part in any online senior dating website. However, the truth is that a good percentage of seniors take part in dating online and even end up getting married to their partner. Actually, one is never too old for dating online. This article will discuss some senior online dating marriage facts.
In September 2003, a popular senior citizen magazine did a study on seniors over the age of 55 and concluded that a majority of senior singles say that have someone to do things with or talk to is the most essential reason for dating. Here are a few other facts about seniors finding dating sites online:
- 67% of seniors aged 50-64 use the internet, making it an excellent place to meet new singles.
- As a matter of fact, seniors over 55 accounted for almost 17% of traffic on internet dating websites.
- Children of adult dating singles are leading their unmarried parents now more than ever to internet dating sites.
- 3/4 of the 10 million internet users have at one time or another pursued love online, again making this all the more reason to get started in internet dating for seniors.
- 30 million American adults (15% of the total American adults) say that they know someone who has been in a long-term relationship or has gotten married as a result of senior internet dating. Having an online dating marriage is happening all the time.
Though many people feel that there is some sort of stigma involved with women looking senior online dating and an online dating marriage, the facts show that a good percentage of people are actually taking part in senior online dating and eventually get married. The internet is a great place to meet new people, and its wide reach is enabling people to more easily find a close match to their personality, resulting in long and happy relationships.